Founded in 2014 by Michal Koor and Pavol Sovis, VECTARY is a transformative online 3D design tool that empowers users to create, customize and share 3D models. The online App has now officially opened the public beta for its online 3D design tool.
Located in Bratislava and New York, VECTARY is backed by BlueYard Capital, Neulogy Ventures and a group of angel investors for a total of $2.5 million in initial funding. The company’s aim is to democratize 3D modeling and to support its large community of makers and designers to reach their full potential.
Vectary has set out on a mission to empower people to create incredible things in 3D. With 3D printers becoming more and more affordable and now selling in large numbers worldwide, 3D printing is driving the makers’ movement forward, yet it is still held back by the lack of easy-to-use and affordable 3D design software.
VECTARY has come up with a simple, free modeling tool, which quickly and easily turns design ideas into beautiful, ready-to-print 3D models.VECTARY stands apart from conventional 3D modeling tools and gives DIY creators and makers the means to create powerful 3D models in their browser, without the need of any engineering skills or having to install expensive and complicated legacy software. Its community-driven platform allows users to share and collaborate on designs. New users without any 3D design experience can easily get started by customizing already-existing models of other VECTARY community members
Some key highlights of VECTARY:
- free for everyone without functional limitations, create 5 private models and unlimited number of public models
- browser-based 3D modeling software, no need to install any app, sharing and collaborating on cloud saved projects
- simplified user interface, easy to use for beginners, robust enough for professionals
- growing list of parametric plugins that do the work for you, no need to model everything from scratch
- professional output with easy and fun to use subdivision modeling, enhances the visual output of your low poly models