At the upcoming TCT Show in Birmingham from the 26th to 28th of September, the new Magigoo 3D printing adhesive by Thought3D will be presented. Visitors can see the improvements of the new product and try it out themselves.
The idea behind Magigoo was to create a glue that helps the filament to stick to the printing bed and therefore solve the problem of the “first-layer-not-sticking” issue. It turned out that its ability to make the print stick was not the most valued feature. Magigoo makes it possible to release a print without any hassle from the print bed. No damage to the print, no glue to scrape off. The print just pops off the plate!
Even though customers were delighted with Magigoo’s original bottle design, it was quite hard for them to get the glue out of the hard, plastic container in which it came in. The rubber nib at the end of the glue stick was also not the best way to get the gooey Magigoo out of its bottle.
Thought3D thus designed a whole new container for Magigoo. The new bottle is made of a flexible material. This means the container can be squeezed and the amount of glue that comes out can be controlled effortlessly. There is also a new foam applicator instead of the rubber nib. This makes it easy to create a consistent and even layer on the print bed. The last change of the renewed container is the transparent label through which the user can see how much Magigoo is left in the bottle and is reminded to shake the container before using it.
Where to find Magigoo at the TCTShow 2017? Ask these exhibitors for a sample:
- Hall 3, Stand J26: FELIXprinters, a Dutch manufacturer of high-quality Desktop 3D printers (www.felixprinters.com)
- Hall 3, Stand G69: Fillamentum, a brand name of high-quality filaments for 3D printing, developed and manufactured by company Pzarlich (fillamentum.com)
- Hall 3, Stand D6: HAWK 3D PROTO, a supplier for a range of desktop 3D printers (www.hawk3dproto.co.uk)
- Hall 3, Stand B33: Shenzhen Esun Industrial Co. Ltd, a manufacturer of 3D printing material such as filaments and printing pens (www.esun3d.net)
Magigoo – more than just an adhesive
For the last two years, the Thought3D team has been putting all their energy and skills into creating Magigoo, a 3D printing bed adhesive which makes 3D printing a more enjoyable experience. The idea behind Magigoo was to create a glue that helps the filament to stick to the printing bed and therefore solve the problem of the “first-layer-not-sticking” issue. It turned out that its ability to make the print stick was not the most valued feature. Magigoo makes it possible to release a print without any hassle from the print bed.
How Magigoo compares to a regular glue stick:
+ Magigoo creates a clean and consistent layer where regular glue is messy
+ Magigoo is more repeatable than a regular glue stick
+ Magigoo is easier to apply than a regular glue stick
+ Magigoo is easier to get of the print bed after the print than a regular glue stick
+ Magigoo works as a release agent on PEI sheet when regular glue sticks to well and destroys the PEI sheet (especially with PLA)
+ Magigoo lasts arguably much longer than regular glue stick, allowing to print many prints on one applied layer
– Regular glue works better on bare aluminium than Magigoo
Filament and print surfaces Magigoo works best with:
- Magigoo works on PEI, glass, BuildTak and textured aluminium
- Magigoo works especially well with PETG, TPE and TPU materials (which often stick too much to a plain PEI sheet)
Impressions of Magigoo:
- “Magigoo is an addictive product.”
- “Magigoo becomes your safety net. You know it works so why risk anything else?”
- “If I have a 60-hour print for example, there is no way I trust PEI, a BuildTak or any other surface. I put Magigoo on because I know it’s going to work.”
- “On textured (brushed) aluminium, Magigoo has become one of my favourite surfaces for all materials (including PLA).”
- “Performance is ok. But ease of use really sells it.”
- “Magigoo performs equally good as other adhesive products, but it’s safe, odourless and and non flammable, which is a big deal in education”
Learn more about Magigoo:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/magigooo/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Magigooo/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/magigoo
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkx11TaZTqjJbF6UzzHvnjQ
- Website: magigoo.com
- 3D Printing Business Directory Page: https://www.3dprintingbusiness.directory/company/magigoo/
Download a selection of Magigoo Images: