Smart International, Kodak’s 3D printing global brand licensee, has launched a Material Partnership Program through which it will facilitate the printing of third party filaments on the KODAK Portrait 3D printer. So far, Smart International has created material print profiles for industrial filaments from BASF, Clariant and DSM.
The ultimate goal of the new material partnership program is to give KODAK Portrait 3D printer users access to a broader range of materials—and especially high-temperature engineering materials. A number of filaments developed by chemical leaders BASF, DSM and Clariant are now qualified for use on the Kodak 3D printer; each has undergone extensive testing and calibration by Smart International’s technical team.
The 3D printing materials now each have their own optimized print profiles, which can be downloaded from the Smart3D website and either imported into slicing software or accessed through the KODAK 3D Cloud.
Without further ado, here are the materials that have been validated by Smart International for its KODAK Portrait 3D printer.
- Ultrafuse ABS Fusion+, an engineering-grade ABS filament
- Ultrafuse PAHT CF15, a high performance filament with good mechanical properties, dimensional stability, and chemical resistance
- Ultrafuse PA, a polyamide-based filament with high mechanical strength, stiffness and thermal stability
- Ultrafuse Z PCTG, the first ESD-safe filament with good impact strength and printability
- PA6/66-CF20, a 20% carbon fiber reinforced polyamide 6/66 with excellent strength, as well as chemical and thermal resistance
- Novamid ID1030, a PA6/66-based filament with good strength and ductility
- Novamid ID1030 CF10, a carbon fiber filled PA6/66 copolymer
- Arnitel ID2060 HT, a high-performance thermoplastic copolyester with good flexibility and chemical resistance
‘We feel it is of vital importance to continually adapt to the ever-evolving 3D printing market. Partnering with top filament companies like BASF, Clariant and DSM gives the customer the opportunity to choose the material that best fits their project, and gives them confidence to use these high-quality 3rd party materials with the KODAK Portrait 3D Printer. We are pleased to be able to assist in the development and evolution of 3D printing filaments, and will continue to support progress in this area,’ said Roberto Gawianski, CEO, Smart International.