Building on a longstanding partnership, HP and Siemens are accelerating 3D printing for industrial production through the creation of a new HP-certified Additive Manufacturing (AM) software module from Siemens. The new software module, Siemens NX AM for HP Multi Jet Fusion, is now available from Siemens PLM Software as an extension to Siemens’ end-to-end design-to-production solution for additive manufacturing.
The Siemens NX AM software module will allow customers to develop and manage parts in a single software environment for their HP 3D printing projects, avoid costly and time-consuming data conversions and third-party tools, and improve their overall design-to-finished-part workflow efficiency.
Siemens and HP are also aligning future technology roadmaps to enable designers and engineers to completely reimagine products to take advantage of HP’s 3D printing capabilities, escape the limitations of conventional manufacturing, and cost-effectively produce new products at faster speeds. This, in turn, will lead to greatly expanded opportunities for the industrial 3D printing of innovative designs. Siemens AG.
Tomorrow (September 7th), Tony Hemmelgarn, president and CEO of Siemens PLM, will also highlight the announcement in his keynote at the Siemens software analyst day in Boston. HP’s Michelle Bockman will go deeper on the collaboration between the two companies in her talk at the analyst summit on Thursday morning.
Siemens NX software is an integrated product design, engineering, and manufacturing solution that helps TO deliver better products faster and more efficiently. It is considered one of the industry’s most integrated, flexible and efficient solution for product design, engineering and manufacturing. It offers Integrated CAD/CAM/CAE for smarter decisions and better products. NX provides key capabilities for fast, efficient and flexible product development, including:
- Advanced solutions for conceptual design, 3D modeling and documentation
- Multi-discipline simulation for structural, motion, thermal, flow and multiphysics applications
- Complete part manufacturing solutions for tooling, machining and quality inspectionNX software helps design, simulate and manufacture better products faster by enabling smarter decisions in an integrated product development environment.
- Synchronous technology for flexible design in an open environment
- Full range of advanced part manufacturing applications
- Tightly integrated with Teamcenter, the world’s leading Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) platform