Job Title: Senior Electronics Design Engineer at Open Bionics
Equity: Negotiable, depending on candidate experience.
Location: Bristol, UK
Start Date: Immediate
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Candidate must be eligible to work in the UK
Candidate must have 2:1 Electronics degree or equivalent
Candidate must have at least 2 years practical experience
We’re a small team of six, and can offer an extremely rewarding job both in terms of content and work environment by working to create advanced and affordable bionic limbs for people with limb differences.
The successful applicant will take on the responsibility of completing end-to-end electronics development for our product lines of robotic and bionic hands, and will have the potential for rapid promotion as the company grows. This level of responsibility and role diversity can only be found in a small company like ours.
It’s important that the candidate is full of energy and enthusiasm for the work they do, and for the work we do. We are looking to hire someone who works well independently and within a small team. Ideally, the candidate will be attracted to the idea of working with an ambitious startup to create a globally successful company. If you live electronics, we want you!
Practical Experience Required:
- Schematic Design
- PCB Layout – Double Sided Fit, Surface Mount Up to 6 Layers
- Digital Electronics design and layout
- Analogue Electronics design and layout (Signal processing and Conditioning)
- Power Management design and layout
- Test Skills
- Design for Manufacture
- Impedance Control
- Differential Pairs
- Hand assembly (0402 & QFN)
- Basic Understanding of Embedded Software
- Comms Protocols
Practical Experience Desired:
- Writing Simple Embedded Software
- Test fixtures
- Data Logging
- Logic Analysis
- Gerber File Editing
- Experience in producing cable harnesses
- EMC pre-compliance testing
- Supply chains
- Working with Medical Devices
- Product Design
Please e-mail applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A short covering letter explaining why you’re right for the role (.PDF)
- A CV. (.PDF)
- An example schematic diagram that you’ve done. (.PDF)
- An example board layout that you’ve done. (.PDF)
Candidates that do not include all of the above documents, formatted as PDFs, will not be considered for the role.
A PDF version of this listing is available to download here.
Open Bionics is an award winning start-up that is globally known for its cutting edge advancements in myoelectric prosthetic hands. Open Bionics has worked with Disney and Eidos Montreal to design superhero bionic hands for kids, which the successful candidate will be helping to design.