MY FACE MASK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Davide SherDavide Sher
    Keymaster

WASP is now sharing an entire process that, starting from a 3D face scan, allows you to create and customize a mask for each operator. The material used is PCL (polycaprolactone). It is a biomaterial that can remain in contact with the skin. The masks were 3D printed using Delta WASP 4070. After designing a basic model that follows facial features just like a second skin, WASP’s goal was to make the mask perfectly ergonomic, which was achieved using Blender software. The mask can be disinfected and used several times, while an interchangeable filter must be inserted in its central part. It takes about four hours of printing to create a mask that perfectly adheres to the face eliminating irritations caused by extensive use.

WASP releases the project as open source. Instructions and .stl files for download are available here. WASP used photogrammetry as a scanning method since it can be performed using a mobile phone. If necessary, a manual laser or structured light 3D scanner can also be used.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Alvin
    Participant

I have downloaded the file, and see that there is a .fff file, which I’m assuming is a script for the 3d scanning. How do I go about using this?

Thanks
    Alvin

Philip
    Participant

How do I simply just drop this file into cura and start printing for my local health care workers, cleaners & security officers who have to go to work in order to keep things moving.

I have a 3 d printer but to be fair I’m not very good at the software side if things.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Philip
    Participant

Forget that, I figured it out. Many thanks again.

murphy
    Participant

Can you share please, because i am wondering the same and did not figure out yet

Mathew Jones
    Participant

Guys, this is amazing thank you! I have the downloaded the zip file. is there a document explaining the process anywhere?

Thank you!

Mare Robert
    Participant

Thank you guys! The question is what filters should i use? Can someone recommend me any good type of filters?

Thanks!

Lavell Hampton
    Participant

Did you use supports?

Michael
    Participant

Which photogrammetry app would you recommend for Android?

daniel
    Participant

hello,

Can you share the process?

• This reply was modified 6 days, 2 hours ago by daniel.
    Brittany
    Participant

Would it be possible to get the .step version of the files?

naz
    Participant

positive pressure means?

Silivan M.
    Participant

Hi, what kind of filter did you use or you can use?

I’m thinking to take out a pice of an HEPA filter or some vacum dust bag material (0.3 um). Any other ideeas for a better filtering (ffp3 standard or N99).

Thanx!!!

rana
    Participant

made it from pla. Just dip in warm water and fit over face for the final fit. PLA glass transition temperature 60 degrees.

Silivan M.
    Participant

I don’t think is very safe to breathe PLA like this. Be carefoul.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
Close
Close

STAY AHEAD

OF THE CURVE

Join industry leaders and receive the latest insights on what really matters in AM!

This information will never be shared with 3rd parties

I’ve read and accept the privacy policy.*

WELCOME ON BOARD!