Charlotte Valve by Isinnova for non-invasive ventilator

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Zoe Peng
    Participant

Thank you for this great idea. I bet this creative idea will save a lot of lives.

Barry Nicol
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Hi, I’d like to purchase the plastic adapter for the Snorkle mask that allows the mask to be used as a Ventilator.</p>

Doru Ursu
    Participant

thanks, hope will help lot of people

Daniel Moore
    Participant

Hi, Daniel from Montreal, Canada. First of all, thank you for this amazing initiative. I started to test print the provided Charlotte valve adaptor on my Prusa MK3s. My 2 first test prints came out great in PETG, at 0.2mm layer thickness, 50% infill with 4 parameters (I wanted a stronger part) and support material only on the build plate and not inside the adaptor.

Although, I too feel like there could be improvements made on the CAD to print with FDM. Walls need to be thicker and the clip needs to be modified a bit. Although, just like others, the STP file for the Charlotte valve seems empty and broken. Could anyone point me to the working file or send it to me directly?

The hospitals are starting to feel pressure here too, with supplies running low for example. I am currently working in partnership with colleagues from the biomedical company I work for, 2 Montreal hospitals, and a university to come up with the best solution as quickly as possible.

Keep up the good work, it’s incredible what 3D printing & community spirit can do!

Sarayut
    Participant

I can’t open the Charlotte Valve.step file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sarayut
    Participant

I can’t open the Charlotte Valve.step?

Daniel Moore
    Participant

Hey guys, I found a working STP file of the Charlotte valve. I have attached it to this message or you can find its original location here: https://www.isinnova.it/easy-covid19-eng/

Good luck!

SAURET
    Participant

@Daniel Moore, j’ai fait le même test que toi et effectivement, Les murs doivent être plus épais et le clip doit être légèrement modifié.
    Bien que, comme les autres, le fichier STP de la valve Charlotte semble vide et cassé.
    Quelqu’un aurait”il une solution ?
    merci

Daniel Moore
    Participant

@SAURET, j’ai trouvé un fichier STP fonctionnel de la valve Charlotte que j’avais tenté de joindre à mon message précédent, mais je pense que le forum n’accepte pas ce type de fichier. Voici donc un dossier compressé plutôt (on va voir si ça fonctionne ainsi). Sinon, tu peux toujours trouver le fichier original ici (il suffit de descendre plus bas sur la page et tu trouveras le dossier téléchargeable des valves): https://www.isinnova.it/easy-covid19-eng/

I’ll switch back to English so everyone understands, but I thickened the overall oval junction with the mask (externally) as well as the clip and it seems to hold itself much better now. I’m at 2 mm thick instead of around 0.8 mm for the original file. This is considering I’m printing in FDM. Furthermore, I decided to add support material inside the 2 tube connectors (with the respirator), but only for a small straight portion of the inner tubes – like 1 cm. This way, the tubes don’t deform like without any supports. I consider them to be critical since they are connecting to the respirator at those locations.

The remaining test I need to complete is to optimize the tolerances by modifying the clip hole a bit (like you suggest Sauret) and improve the inner tolerances because the adapter sits a bit loose on the Decathlon mask I have at home.

Attachments:
    Jose Ventura
    Participant

I have a Form3 printer (SLA) by Formlabs. Has anyone optimised the printing of these using Preform? {meaning, i can print 4 at a time, or more?}

Also, is the Dave Valve necessary (vs just the Charlotte Valve), and in which instance?? Thank you from Cape Town, South Africa

Thanks

José Ventura        [email protected]

Attachments:

Good day.

First of all let me thank your team for your work, for good idea which was shared free of charge over the world!

In Ukraine we already start to assemble all parts of CPAP mask for implementation your technology into hospitals. 3d model for Charlotte valve and Dave valve is perfect. We received quality product.

But, we faced with problem of shortage of the PEEP valves and Ventury valve.

Do you have available the 3d models for them both also?

Will be very appreciate for your support.

Thank you.

Daniel Pinilla
    Participant

Hello, excellent work and thank you all for your effort during this hard situation.

I would like to ask for help.

I downloaded the file but it does not show any solid in Solidworks. Could somebody help me with that?

I hope you can help me.

SAURET
    Participant

J’ai renforcé à partir du fichier .stp le corps, le clip, épaisseur des couches, augmenté la hauteur de la cheminée … après concertation avec des médecins au cœur du sujet… test ok ! j’attends confirmation de plusieurs test pour savoir si validé.

” Prenons soin de nous “

Attachments:
    khaled
    Participant

Please madmarcel can you send me the STL FILE charlotte valve FOR THE NON ORIGINAL mask

Nader
    Participant

Guys this is amazing work, please could someone post the material used to manufacture these? I work in a hospital in the UK.

Thanks again its amazing that everyone has come together

N

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • PHPSESSID
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec

Decline all Services
Accept all Services

STAY AHEAD

OF THE CURVE

Join industry leaders and receive the latest insights on what really matters in AM!

This information will never be shared with 3rd parties

I’ve read and accept the privacy policy.*

WELCOME ON BOARD!