Charlotte Valve by Isinnova for non-invasive ventilator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Davide SherDavide Sher
    Keymaster

The Isinnova team developed and successfully tested a 3D printed adapter to turn a snorkeling mask into a non-invasive ventilator for COVID-19 patients.

Used to address the possible shortage of hospital C-PAP masks for sub-intensive oxygen therapy, which is emerging as a concrete problem linked to the spread of COVID-19: an emergency ventilator mask, produced by adjusting a commercially available snorkeling mask.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Gaurav Kumar
    Participant

This effort shall really make some difference in the treatment shortcomings in these times of crisis. I have already started gathering 3D Printing guys/gals in India to make the same and distribute them to their nearest hospitals for free. Going to give a proposal for the same to the ministry. I have gone through the design. It would be really helpful if you can share the whole diagram where these fitments need to be put with other components of the machine. I am going to meet a few doctors and if before that if you can enlighten on that part then it would really useful. I am an Additive manufacturer from India since last 6.5 Years.

Juliano Gatto
    Participant

I’m in Brazil. The outbreak is starting now here. We don’t have enough respirators for the number of people infected with severe symptoms they are predicting. I am looking for alternatives to help people here. I constructed a 3D printer, i have programming skills and goodexperience Arduino. I don’t know where this valve is used, would we have the other parts of the respirator or how to adapt it with the snorkel? Thanks for the contributions and help peoples.

Santiago
    Participant

Hi! I would like to understand how is this valve used!!

Majd Thabit
    Participant

Hello everyone

Very sad to hear about the disease in Italy and all over the world, well done to you for the creative work in order to save COVID-19 patients` lives.

I am a planner from Israel and together with many planners in Israel designing and printing hand for kids who need it and we want to help in designing any part which can help to save COVID-19 patients` lives.

If there is a possibility to help please update

Thanks and lots of health to everyone

Majd

Jesse Erhart
    Participant

Here is how it is used.  With the Decathalon Dvining mask

J Bruni
    Participant
    Gary Vedukovic
    Participant

Hi,

This is absolutely amazing! Thanks for that!

Any recommendation for the filament? PLA, ABS, …

Vedukovic

Juliano Gatto
    Participant

Thank you.

Antonio Carvajal
    Participant

Does anybody will like to collaborate with me on also making a simpler mask to use with this valve We have a big cnc and we can make a high temperature mold and use a vacuum form so we can vacuum form masks in a 48″x96″ mold . We can vacuum form HDPE plastic sheets. in a mold of that sizes i think we can make up to 100 masks every 10 minutes. I am also working in a mask for doctors and nurses that they can re use using exacly the same method.

felipe lopez
    Participant

Hello

Im from Mexico, and the health system problems are beginnig in my country, will be necessary a lot of ventilators here. this actions will help alot in order to fight the covid-19.

Megan Levitt
    Participant

Which plastic and did you need to use supports and post processing?

madmarcel
    Participant

The files have been posted in thingiverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4236104

Please note that the valve will only work with that exact brand and model of mask

Falahgs
    Participant

I’m in Iraq. The outbreak is starting and increment deaths count here. We don’t have enough respirators for the number of people infected with severe symptoms they are predicting.

Is this project in the arduino ventilator industry fit and easy?

It helps patients with Coronavirus.

https://github.com/falahgs/ventilator

Thanks for help

Mike Momany
    Participant

I’m an inventor living outside of Hamburg Germany and I have been working on a variety of respiratory devices for Covid-19 for the past 2 months,  It got started with my website https://www.myairspace.life.

I’ve since developed a few different connectors for existing snorkel masks.  I’ve attached some images.  I have 2 filter to mask direct connectors.  One for NATO specification military filters and one for 3M filters with a bayonet connector.  I’ve also got 2 connectors that put a fan between the filters and the mask to create Powered Air Purifying Respirators.

With my connectors these devices can be made available in short order.  I am currently looking for a partner to finance injection molding of my adapters.  The masks are very inexpensive and by using tested filters they should not require a lot of red tape to put them to use quickly.

I champion the concept of the distributed print farms but with my connectors I’ve found that each individual machine must be fine tuned to get the precise tolerances that are required to produce a no leak connection so I’ve opted to look at injection molding to get them out quickly and accurately.

Bravo to the Makers that will find the solutions we need to get a quick handle on the tools necessary to combat this crisis.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Back to top button
Close
Close

STAY AHEAD

OF THE CURVE

Join industry leaders and receive the latest insights on what really matters in AM!

This information will never be shared with 3rd parties

I’ve read and accept the privacy policy.*

WELCOME ON BOARD!