The Hubs quote management tool is a simple way to order printed parts and track the progress of your order. Unlike other 3D printing services, Hubs combine quotes, invoices and status updates in a single, easy-to-access place. Upload your files, generate a quote and source your parts with the simplest 3D printing tool available.
Build and edit your Hubs quote instantly
Start by uploading your CAD file to the Hubs instant quote tool. You can generate your 3D printing quote in just 6 easy steps:
1. Select the manufacturing technology. We can manufacture objects with 3D printing, CNC machining and injection molding.
2. Drop a file into the upload box.
3D printing materials
3. Choose the material. 3D printing materials come with unique color, layer and fill options. CNC machining materials include a choice of surface finish. Use each menu to customize your product to exact specifications.
4. Click the “printable with” text underneath your part for a free manufacturability analysis. If the text is green, your part can be made with the chosen technology.
5. View your quote and estimated lead time on the bottom right of the screen.
6. Submit your manufacturing request.
The Design for Manufacturing (DfM) analysis will automatically detect problems with your CAD file. The chosen 3D printing process may have unique requirements for wall thickness, details, and structural supports. If nothing is flagged, your object is ready to print.
The instant quote tool is completely risk-free. The manufacturing process will not begin until you have been contacted by one of our representatives and your quote has been confirmed.
Share Your Quote and Send Reminders
After you submit your request, you will have access to the quote portal. The portal contains a complete list of all parts you have ordered through our platform.
All quotes are reviewed by a member of the Hubs sales team. Some quotes are reviewed instantly by the DfM tool; in other cases, you will be contacted directly by a representative within 24 hours. Check the portal to see the status of your quotes.
7. Once your quote has been confirmed, you can download and share the quote with your colleagues.
8. Select your quote from the portal list.
9. Select “Download as PDF” for a complete file that includes price, part details and lead time.
If you choose “Email quote,” you can send pricing information to as many colleagues as you’d like. The tool includes a full list of everyone you’ve sent the quote to and send reminders to anyone who has not responded.
Pay Instantly or Pay Later
After a quote has been reviewed, you will see the option to confirm your quote in the portal. Quotes must be confirmed before production can begin.
The quote portal offers two easy payment options. “Pay now” lets you enter credit card information and begin instant production on your 3D printed or CNC machined parts.
Some businesses need to send all orders to their purchasing department. If this is the case, just select “pay later.” You’ll need to upload a signed quote or purchase order to be reviewed by our team. A representative will review your purchase order and confirm your quote within 24 hours.
After choosing either payment option, you will see “confirmation in progress” next to your quote in the portal. As soon as the quote has been successfully confirmed, the Hubs team will begin manufacturing your parts.
Track Your Hubs Order
You can easily view and manage all of your orders in the quote portal. Log into your account at any time to check your progress and download invoices.
When you’re logged in, you’ll see “My Orders” at the top right of your screen. Click here for a full list of every in-progress and completed order that you’ve placed through our platform.
You can track the progress of your order through a series of simple status updates. You’ll receive an email the moment your order is accepted; you’ll also be notified when our 3D printing partners start production and when your order is shipped. Orders are marked as complete when you have received all of your parts in the quality that was promised.
Hubs’ quote management tool lets you follow the 3D printing process from the CNC machining quote to completion. Whether you’re interested in our CNC machining or 3D printing service, this tool makes it easy to order the parts you need.
This article was published in collaboration with Hubs.